View Construction Cameras
Click here to view current and archived photos from VDOT's two 64/264 Interchange project cameras
Timelapse of Phase I, looking southwest across I-264, toward construction of the new collector-distributor lanes and new ramps from I-64 west in the background:
Timelapse of Phase II, looking west on I-264 toward construction of the new eastbound collector-distributor lanes and where the Greenwich Road Flyover will be built across the interstate:
About the Project
The I-64/I-264 Interchange Improvements Project, over two phases, will provide approximately four miles of interstate improvements from the Twin Bridges in Norfolk to the Witchduck Road interchange in Virginia Beach. The improvements will provide additional capacity, reduce daily congestion and improve safety and traffic operations in the corridor.
This project will be built in two phases. The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will manage construction through two separate construction contracts.
The improvements include:
- Widening of I-64 west between the Twin Bridges and the I-264 interchange (Phase I)
- Two new ramps from I-64 west to I-264 east (Phase I)
- A new system of collector-distributor (CD) roads on I-264 east (Phase I)
- Improved interchanges at Newtown and Witchduck roads (Phase II)
- A Greenwich Road flyover across I-264 that connects with Cleveland Street (Phase II)
Enabled by funding from: